TIPS AND TRICKS ON DIGITAL MARKETING
According to HubSpot State of Inbound report, 43% of all marketers have found a customer via LinkedIn in 2013. LinkedIn has emerged as the social media platform of choice for businesses and executives to generate leads and promote their business. Professionals in any field can showcase their expertise and build their professional brand by using LinkedIn.
We have outlined a few tips to maximize the power of LinkedIn for business success:
- Start with your own profile. Have a professional photo that is clear without distractions. Invest some time in crafting a headline and summary – mention your relevant skills and make sure to include keywords that will help people to find you when they are interested in certain skills. Your profile can be made search friendly and help you connect with the relevant people.
- Create a business page on LinkedIn. These pages are easy to create, and you should plan to spend some time setting up the basic information about the company, logo, images, products etc. These pages are public and searchable on Google, so take it seriously and use it to your advantage to rank higher.
- You can, and should create showcase pages to tell your followers about what products and offerings you have, and how you can make a difference.
- Link back to your company site. Showcase pages can link back to landing pages that tell potential clients about your tools and can be used as another useful tool for conversion.
- Show people what the company can do. Use visuals and videos. Update frequently with useful information, special offers, newsletters etc.
- Businesses can leverage the reach of LinkedIn to advertise for careers and jobs on LinkedIn. For a small fees, you can advertise jobs which will reach a wide audience with the relevant skill sets.
- Promote and sponsor your best content. Link back to blog posts, white papers or ebooks that you may have created to attract leads. You can then sponsor these updates to reach more people. Just make sure to drive this traffic to your website or landing page.
- Leverage your own and your company employee’s networks. Get you employees to link back to this page from the Experience section of their profiles. Ask your employees to follow and share relevant content to their network to stay top-of-mind.
- Join and engage with groups – it helps to build your own network and credibility. Share useful information, third party useful content, ask questions, answer questions, conduct polls and quizzes, and introduce new features and products. You can even go ahead and create your own group. Tough time-consuming, it builds your broadcasting list and pays huge dividends if you can build and grow the group in a manner, which is professional and valuable to the members.
- Use LinkedIn’s writing platform to build your and your company’s brand. Writing regularly on topics of interest will establish your reputation as an expert, and will help to generate leads for your business. You can also link back to your company website to generate more relevant traffic.