TIPS AND TRICKS ON DIGITAL MARKETING
What is content marketing?
Content marketing is an approach of creating useful and relevant content for the target audience. It helps your business to be “found” on the internet when potential customers go online to search for and research on products they are interested in.
Why does your business need content marketing?
- Brand Awareness
- More Traffic to your site
- Leads and Customer Acquisition
- Establishes your business as an authority in the industry and market leader
- Customer retention and loyalty
How can you implement a result-oriented content marketing strategy for your business?
- Define your marketing goals and objectives:
It is important to define your goals and objectives so you can tailor your marketing plan with a sharp focus on your goals. Make sure that this aligns with your business goals too!
- Define your target audience and personas:
- What kind of publications do they read?
- What social channels do they frequently engage on?
- What events/causes/products do they care about?
- Where do they hang out?
- Who are your competitors:
- What are they doing well?
- Who are they engaging with? Which strategies work for them?
- Decide what kinds of content you should create for maximum impact:
Every piece of content you create should target a particular persona and provide value to him/her. Include a variety of content to keep it interesting, for eg. videos and images are easier to consume, while lengthy blog posts and white papers add depth, establishes your thought leadership in the area and appeals to people eager to learn more.
- Decide on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for your business:
These are the metrics that will ultimately indicate whether your marketing plans are successful or not. Different businesses will choose different KPIs depending on their goals and objectives, and the kind of services they offer.
- Amplify your content with the most suitable distribution channels:
This step is vital – do not skip this or under-utilize this part!
While it is great to have content on your website, it would be useless if your relevant audience can’t find it. Make it easy for them to find your great content by using various distribution channels: social media, email marketing, utilizing other publishing platforms etc.
Look at your KPIs to see how your business has performed over time. Were you able to achieve what you set out to do? Do your KPIs tell you enough to make critical decisions?
- Feedback and optimizing your strategy:
What was the feedback on your content? Did your target audience participate? Did they find your content useful and relevant? What worked and why? What did not work?
[share title="Share this Post" facebook="true" twitter="true" google_plus="true" linkedin="true" pinterest="true" reddit="true" email="true"]